background

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

More fabric!

Have all the requirements for the Mystery quilt except one. Measured the piece I had set aside for Fabric C and it was a bit short so picked up another piece of green today. Will take a photo of the fabrics I will be using and try to post it. Tomorrow I intend to have a day in my quilting room. I have finished the stitchery for Block 8 of Sunshine Frolics so need to cut out the fabrics so I can piece the block together. Block 9 should arrive soon, then only the borders to go. I'm hoping I can start on the Mystery quilt then and cut out the first blocks. We'll see how much I get done! Yesterday I had a lovely day as my quilting group recommenced after the Xmas break. We all had lots to talk about as we hadn't seen each other since mid December. A lot of laughing was done with a bit of stitching thrown in. We meet at a local church hall every Monday. The group is called The Jimboomba Quilters and Stitchers and we have been meeting for about 18 months. I have met some lovely ladies there and have formed some wonderful friendships. Last year my daughter was very ill and I was amazed at the support everyone gave me at a time when I really needed it. Well must go, hopefully will post some photos of what I am working on soon. Noela.

No comments:

Post a Comment