background

Friday, April 2, 2010

HAPPY EASTER, Tamborine Camp, OPAM




Photos above : Raffle prizes , examples of Sue's Amish blocks that decorated the room.
What a wonderful camp at Tamborine Mountain put on by the Beaudesert Quilters. I had a great time. Met up with some girls from NSW who had been there last time. They are all such fun that the 4 days just few by. Below is the place-mat I made for the Place-mat Challenge. There were some great designs and of course I forgot to take a picture of the winner. We used our mat at meal-times and were given a coaster to bring home. I was lucky enough to get one that matched by mat. The co-ordinator, Sue, made about 40 small dolls and we each got one of those as well. They are so cute and made perfectly. Sue also made all the name tags using different blocks in each. We had to unravel the pieced cube to see if we had won a fat quarter which I did. I was also lucky enough to win one of the raffle prizes which was a cylinder fan/heater. The fan had its own cover made with Amish Retreat written on it. All the other prizes were presented in there own little bags as well as can be seen by the photo above. I managed to finish off a quilt top . The quilt is called Beach Days and is in muted blues, tans and white. Will show you next time as I forgot to take a photo.
I am so behind in all my blocks that I am hoping I will be able to catch up over Easter. I would like to wish all my blogging friends a very HAPPY EASTER. It is an extremely happy one for me as this afternoon, I will see my grandson Tom for the first time in a while. His Dad is on his way back from picking him up. He is spending Easter here so we will be having a family get-together tomorrow to celebrate.
Oh by the way, the place-mat is an OPAM finish. Will add to April list as I forgot to add it for March.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time Noela and such terrific quilts.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete