background

Sunday, January 22, 2012

OPAM for 2012, Work Space, New Blocks

I joined OPAM again this year as I found it does encourage me to get some projects finished each month.  Sign up is on now till the end of January so pop over to Kris from Tagalong Teddies or Peg from Happy in Quilting and join up.  Just click on the OPAM button in my sidebar to get to Kris's blog and read all about it.

 
 This last week, I spent a couple of days reorganizing my quilting room as it was in a bit of a mess after Xmas. It's a bit tidier now but still  more work to do till it's how I would like it. I also started to catalogue all the things I have gathered over the last few years. Quite a number of  things I had forgotten I had.  My whiteboard is filling up with all the things I want to do.  Can I have more hours in each day please!!!! 
2012 To Do List on the Whiteboard
Below are the blocks I have prepared ready for stitching.  These belong to the Bluebird of Hope Quilt (part of Quilt Aid 2009)  which I purchased a couple of years ago. My friend Jan from quilting bought them as well but she has been working on hers for a while now so I have to play catch up.  I am going to try to complete two blocks a month so these will have to be for February as there is only 1 week left of this month.

As well, I have also made up some practise blocks for my Free Motion Quilting pledge but am still waiting for the patchwork shop to ring about my open toed foot. Hope it comes soon.
Well, it's getting late and school restarts for my grandson in the morning so will say bye for now.  Happy Stitching..........



2 comments:

  1. What a great start for 2012 - you are getting so organised. Its always nice to have a list and cross them off as you reach those goals or achieve those tasks. Look forward to see your progress. Happy Stitching, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I need to add I joined the FMQ challenge too after seeing it on your blog! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete