background

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Update on Twister Runner

Can't believe where this week has gone so thought I would give a quick update on my FNSI table runner.  Prepare for a photo overload as I have tried to take progress photos as I did each step.
This is the prepared runner top.  5" squares surrounded by a 3" border
Twister template positioned on the seam line between blocks and border. Note angle on template.


First row cut.   

Two rows cut out and pinned, see photo below. 

Nearly there, only three rows to go.

 Rows ready for stitching.  You need to straighten the blocks before pinning which makes the pin wheel appear .

Above and below  the top is finally stitched together.



These are the blocks that are left over from between the blocks.  About 35 in all. 
Not sure if I will use these blocks (which need a bit of trimming) in a narrow pieced border or finish the runner off with the same cream already used.  Will see how it looks first.   The template was easy to use and the blocks went together quickly so all the ladies who left a comment on my last post, saying they had one of these templates, get it out and use it.  I am so pleased with the look and you will be too.  Till next time Happy Stitching.......

2 comments:

  1. I saw a friend make a quilt with this ruler and I want to get one but didn't see it at the Quilt Show.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love that - the redone quilt looks great - nicer than the original I think.

    ReplyDelete