background

Friday, August 3, 2012

BOM Mystery Quilt, Potato Bag Update, Quilting

Last Monday our quilt group had our July  Mystery BOM day again.  I was a bit lazy and didn't take my machine along so just cut the block pieces out at group and stitched them together today.  I always find it is easier doing it at home as no distractions whilst sewing and I seem to have less reverse sewing which always makes me happy.  Seven blocks done now with only 2 to go.
Also this week I have pinned my grandson's quilt on my John Watts Quilter ready for stippling.  I must admit it was a bit harder to pin than my practice piece as that was a single strip of fabric with no joins and easier to get tight on the roller. I have rolled the top on as best I can, so hope it will all work out in the end. I am really nervous about starting it and keep putting it off. When my hubby gets home from work, his first question is "Have you made a start on Josh's quilt today?", so, after a day's outing with the hot rod tomorrow, I'll  have no more excuses. Wish me luck.

This week I finally used my potato bag and below are a few photos.  It definitely was a success as the potatoes turned out great. Just wrap potatoes in paper towel, put in the bag then in microwave (about 7 minutes) and they are ready.


Till next time.....  Happy Stitching.....

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your quilting Noela. It is scary starting and I still hestitate to load quilts and take the first stitches. Put the music on and just start and you will get in the groove.

    ReplyDelete