background

Friday, August 31, 2012

What's on my wall, 2 wins......

This week has been a very busy one.  My son returned from his fishing trip, so my Grandma duties have ended till next week when he goes back to work.   I did manage to spend a little time sewing and, so, below is an update in pictures of the progress in my Christmas in the Cabin quilt and my Turnover/ Pinwheel quilt.
Center four blocks together ready for half-square triangle border.

3  15" Blocks completed, stitching the final 6 together.  
This quilt was part of the Pre-Cut Party sew along that was run by Sarah & Roseanne.  I was lucky enough to win a prize from Sarah for joining in and today it arrived in the mail.  Forgot to take the photo until I had opened it up. Sarah had wrapped it in paper tied with string, decorated with a doily and little n attached. Inside was a charm square of Half Moon Modern and a beautiful card. Thank-you very much Sarah. Sarah has a online shop, Patchwork Plus, so pop over and check it out. She has lots of great pre-cuts, fabrics, patterns plus much more, all at great prices.
 
Also I was lucky enough to win some e-patterns from Stacey at Staceys Place. I received 4 patterns in all, 3 quilts and a wall hanging. 2 of the quilts use pre cuts and are easy to make so go and check them out at the link above. Thank you again Stacey.  
On Monday at group, we also did Block number 8 for our BOM Mystery Quilt. Only one more to go now.

Well must go, my hubby has the day off work today so we are heading off for lunch and the movies.
Till next time.... Happy Stitching. I

No comments:

Post a Comment