background

Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas at last.....

This week I have put up my decorations and am finally starting to feel a bit 'Christmassy'.  I'm not sure where last week went but I know it was busy. My grandson Jake has gone to stay with his Mum for the school holidays. Before he left, he got a really lovely report from his teacher as well as good marks in many of his subjects, so I am very proud of him. Now I am just trying to finish off a few things before I run out of time and Christmas Day is here.
Here are some photos I took today.
Our tree

Wooden painted Santas

These are some ornaments I painted when I was in my Folk Art phase. My teacher was the lovely Teresa of All Things Vintage.

Since we changed to a small tree last year, my extra baubles go here. 

Above and below some of my Santa collection


A Nancy Halvorsen wall hanging

Santa stitchery wall hanging
My Tis the Season getting another airing this year.

I asked Kerryanne  from Shabby Art Boutique to  paint this for me.  She had a special on a while ago so I jumped at the chance to have a stocking hanger with my four grand children's names on it. The stocking in the middle says 'Our Grandkids'.  I love it.  The triangle trees on either side are ones I painted a few years ago.    
My darling grand-daughter arrived safely home from her 4 months exchange at university in the USA today so I am one happy Grandma and look forward to catching up with her in the next day or two.

To close, here is something I am working on. A banner with seven triangles, I have some printed labels from Sweetwater to add to the red striped ones.  Should look good when I finish. Well must go and do some stitching.  Till next time........  Hugs.........


 

8 comments:

  1. Your decorations all look great! Merry Christmas! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's starting to look a lot like christmas at your house..
    Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Especially love the Stockings and Names that's really Lovely...you have been Busy.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your decorations are gorgeous Noela....I love all your handpainted snowmen and Santa's. Your stitched wall hangings are beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous xmas decorating Noela ,the grandies are so much fun,enjoy your day.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes--I think your home is looking like Christmas and it feels like Christmas when we look at your photos--
    Hugs,Di and miss gracie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved looking at all your lovely christmassy things

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your decorations are just lovely...glad your GD is home safe...

    ReplyDelete