background

Monday, March 25, 2013

1 Xmas Item finished, A Win, A Quiet Celebration

It is the 25th of the month so time to post a photo of my Christmas Item. Below is a photo of an Anni Downs pattern, The Christmas Goose Basket.  I finished it on the weekend while I was at camp.  It is very cute but was a bit smaller than I imagined it was going to be. I took the wrong size ric rac along with me so decided not to use any at all.  I think it looks alright without it. What do you think?
If you would like to see what others have completed this month head on over to Narelle at Pins and Whiskers to check it out.
Also a month or so ago I entered a competition on The Sentimental Quilter blog and was lucky enough to be one of  thirty winners.  I won an Andover charm pack, called Chateau Chambray and it is very pretty. ( red, pink, blue, cream are in the mix). I had forgotten all about it until it arrived last week, so thanks Andover for sending it and thanks to Kathleen for running the competition in conjunction with Andover and Valentines Day.
Well must go, my hubby and I have been celebrating our 18 th wedding anniversary today. We were going out for dinner to celebrate but I managed to pick up a sore throat on my retreat and have not been feeling the best today so we ended up having dinner at home which was just as nice. Hope to shake this bug before we head off to the Hot Rod Nationals on Thursday at the Gold Coast. Will be back tomorrow to do a short post about the retreat.  So till then......   Hugs........

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your anniversary and I love your Christmas bag, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary to you and your husband Noela. We'll be celebrating our 18th in May!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the basket, and the fabric you won! Hope you are feeling better soon and happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! Love the fabric and your xmas bag looks great. I cant remember what the original one looks like so don't quite know where the ric rac would go lol. Hope your cold is all gone before the Easter break. Lemon and ginger tea is what I swear by as a cure all. Along with lots of oranges and strawberries for Vit C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary. I think your little basket looks so sweet. Looking forward to seeing what you make with the charm pack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy anniversary Noela and i hope you are feeling better soon and congrats on your lovely win.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The basket looks lovely. Happy Anniversary. Congrat's on the win. Hugs,xx.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your basket.... so pretty and lovely new fabrics to play with.... Happy Anniversary and I hope you feel better soon...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your basket looks very pretty without the ric rac. Congratulations for you Wedding Anniversary and enjoy that very cute little charm pack. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful H&P project there Noela, it looks fine without the ricrac. Happy Wedding Anniversary x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary xx. Your stitching is gorgeous as always. Get well soon! debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your Christmas Goose Basket Noela - I made one of these before xmas just gone and loved it. Lovely win - look forward to seeing what you make with it

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your little basket will make lovley gift...especially if filled with yummy treats :)
    Happy Anniversary and congrats on your win.

    ReplyDelete