background

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Sal July Project finished, OPAM.

Finished this little bag off last night just  24 hours before the deadline.  My first try at hexagons and I must say I sort of fell in love with them. Why have I always though they would be a nightmare to make I wonder? Anyway I can see a quilt made of hexagons in my future, just not sure when.
The bag is from Natalie Bird's Tis the Season book. I changed the stitchery from the penguin one as I liked the wording on this one and used more of my Nancy Halvorsen stash fabric to make the bag.

Isn't this one cute little bag even if I do say so myself. I love how these fabrics look together. So happy to have another finish to add to my OPAM list.
Happy Stitching, see you next time...........

20 comments:

  1. What a beautiful bag! I love it! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely.....and yes hexagons can be addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bag is lovely Noela. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. In love Nancy Halvorsen fabrics... you bag is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable bag - your fabric choice is wonderful!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your bag... lovely fabric choice... yes, I am finding out hexies are so scary after all!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bag is so pretty Noela, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a very pretty bag. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bag is great Noela and I love the colours too. Something will be winging its way to you from me very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your bag Noela... the fabrics and stitchery are just gorgeous. Love the colours!!! Made it by the skin of your teeth too ha ha! Hope to see you Sunday xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this Noela,Nancy fabrics are perfect for it.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the bag and the fabrics chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes!!! So cute...love your fabrics :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your bag is gorgeous, I love how the fabrics look together too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute Noela, well done on making the deadline too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Indeed the MOST cutest wee bag <3

    ReplyDelete