background

Monday, August 26, 2013

1 Xmas Item a Month, Aiming for Accuracy Blocks 4 and 5.

A day late in posting my 1 Xmas item for this month hosted by Narelle  from Pins and Whiskers. Use the link to go over and see what other bloggers have made this month. The pattern had this stitchery placed on the front of a gift bag but I decided to make a Christmas Card Holder instead of the bag. These days most people send emails instead of cards at Christmas but I usually get a few and so thought this would be nice to keep them in the stitchery pocket. Haven't got the right hanger in my stash so will need to get one at the Brisbane show in October. The stitchery is a Hugs and Kisses one and has some colour added to it using a Derwent pencil and sealed with fabric medium.

I also managed to finish two more blocks for my Aiming for Accuracy QAL.
Below are Blocks 4 and 5.

These photos don't show the colour of the fabrics that well so hope I can do better with future photos.
I also added some fabrics to my stash on the weekend. I love word fabric and so I was pleased to get some of these. No idea as yet what project I will put them in.

Well must go as I have some secret sewing to finish off.  Happy Stitching till next time.................

14 comments:

  1. I love your new fabric....the text ones are great and so versatile. It's a very cute little hanging pocket. It would look good with a couple of candy canes in it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute little angels! Love the new fabric! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy seeing something a little different, and the card holder is a great idea. Your blocks look very, very nice and those fabrics are to be envied.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely xmas card holder Noella - what a great idea, and your QAL blocks are great. Love your new fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Christmas card holder, Noela. Like the stitchery on it too. The A4A blocks are all looking good

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card holder is gorgeous and your blocks look beautiful. Love your new fabrics, especially the bird one! Hugs Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new bird fabric and the blocks. Your christmas item is stunning. Did you use watercolour derwent and then paint over it with fabric medium? Would be interested to know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card holder is lovely Noela. The blocks are coming along nicely too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your Christmas card pocket.. such sweet angels and your A4A blocks are looking great.... lovely fabrics...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done on that lovely card holder Noela....amazing blocks..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Noela - what a great idea for Christmas cards, yes it's a shame that cards are not quite so popular these days. Beautiful stitchery for it!
    Gorgeous new fabrics too - i am sure you will find some inspiration for its use... x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely sewing there Noela, I loved your card holder, such a good idea,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card holder is lovely and a great idea.
    It's always fun to add to your fabric stash :o)

    ReplyDelete