background

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Let's Celebrate Gift.

Just a quick post to show you what I sent to Kali for our Spring swap. Luckily the parcel finally got to the correct destination because for some reason I put the incorrect post code on it. Hopefully I won't do that again.
For our swap we had to send a stitchery, using at least 4 different stitches and then it is up to our swap partner to use it however they like.
This is the stitchery I made for Kali. It is a stitchery pattern by Rosalie Quinlan. The stitches I used were back stitch, cross stitch, satin stitch, french knots and chain stitch.  

I also sent Pink fabric, vintage lace trim, ring for thread cards, some DMC thread in Kali's favourite colours, ribbon flowers and the leftover Cottage Garden thread I used in the stitchery.   

Glad you liked your gifts Kali, I love that through this swap hosted by Karen at Mrs Martins Quilt Shop, I have also made a new friend. Am looking forward to our next swap which will be in October.
Well, must go, have to get into my sewing room and get working on some finishes for this month.
Have a great day everyone..........Hugs..........

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitching Noela! And such a lovely parcel of goodies you sent to Kali... And I agree, it's great to meet new blogland friends through swapping... x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't those Rosalie Quinlan stitcheries great??..
    A lovely parcel you sent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely pressie!!! Very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just STUNNING!! you have such awesome taste x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous gift!! You have such good taste and great stitching skills. I love everything.... wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your stitchery Noela. Its absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that stitchery Noela - such a gorgeous gift for your partner

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely stitchery! And all the gifts too!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete