background

Monday, May 25, 2015

Catching Up.......

I have had a busy couple of  weeks helping  my family. Firstly my grandson was sick and off school for 4 days with a stomach upset and then his Dad, my son, had to have an op to repair a ruptured bicep in his left arm which he had done at work a couple of months ago. Scott can't drive for at least 4 weeks so have my taxi hat on at the moment getting Jake to and from school and driving Scott to doctor and rehab appointments.
Therefore not much happening in the sewing department here at the moment other than I got to spend the weekend with my quilting group at Boonah. Went up late on Friday and came home after lunch on Sunday. I took hand sewing up and made progress on my May SAL blocks. I did a little stitching on my In the Garden blocks too. See photos below. All circles now complete and have started to add applique to them.
I also helped pin a charity quilt ready to be quilted by one of the other ladies. The group is making a few of these quilts this year to be given away to people within our community.
Although I didn't manage to get a lot done, I enjoyed the company and the little break away and caught up on some much needed rest.



Ruby has been to the vet for her final check and been given the all clear for the Elizabethan collar to come off. It has been a stressful couple of weeks trying to keep her quiet so it was great to see her running around the backyard when we got home last week. She is a character and enjoying being out of the confined patio area. Am I dreaming but she seems to be a bit more settled. On her walk with Chris yesterday, he said she sat and waited quietly while he talked to a neighbour. Chris said he had to laugh when the neighbour asked is that the same dog? She still has her moments but small steps are okay.

She takes about 2 minutes to empty her food bowl, she is 6 months old and weighs 28 kilos.

Well must go as I have to try to search out some props for my GS who informs me he has to dress up to give a presentation to the class tomorrow or he loses points. Talk about last minute!!!!!!!

11 comments:

  1. The joys of being a mum and grandmother. Wouldn't change it for a million bucks. Nice to get away though and relax. Xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear what you've been up to Noela, it does sound like you've had everything happening lately! Good to read you had a day out with your friends - a little progress on your stitching is better than none :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got some stitching done Noela. I bet Ruby was glad to get that collar off. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so much busy-ness and so much for others. I hope everyone is suitably thankful - I tend to ask for payment in cuddles from family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly have been busy Noela xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best times being a mum and then grandparent, wouldn't miss it for the world. Every stitch is one stitch closer to that special project being finished. !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like you needed the weekend away............

    ReplyDelete
  8. don't you just love the compliment that kids think you're so smart, that you can magic some props out of thin air?
    lovely stitching there Noela, glad you had an enjoyable weekend away, sounds like you needed it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet you managed to pull a rabbit out of a hat for that presentation - Grandmothers are magical like that.

    Glad to see that in amongst all the madness that has been your life of late , that you managed to find a little bit of serenity time to stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just getting away is lovely, even if you don't manage to do a stitch. Your blocks are coming along nicely, Noela. I bet both you and Ruby are glad to be rid of that collar!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A weekend away?? SOunds like you needed it . . . .any progres is good progress . . . .
    Children are great at those last minute surprises...My 22yo is still doing it.

    ReplyDelete